Oct 30, 2011

$2/1 Tide Detergent Coupon NOT valid on travel size Tide

Just an FYI:  There was a $2/1 Tide detergent (no size restriction) coupon available in today’s P&G insert that I know many of you were excited to use at Walmart on their travel size Tide (priced at $.97).  I didn’t post this, not because of laziness or being unaware but because I read this on Tide’s Facebook page right before I was about to post:

Tide’s Facebook Wall:
”The coupon does not have a size restriction and is valid on all Tide detergent that is distributed by Procter & Gamble. The single use packets are not distributed by P&G and therefore the store reserves the right to choose not to accept the coupon on that item. I hope this helps with any confusion.”

Also, thanks to I Heart the Mart, here’s what Tide stated in reply to a comment left on their Facebook Wall:
We license the Tide name and actual product to another company (in this case Cotton Buds) to distribute one use packets of the product. It is actually Tide in the package but it is distributed by the other company. Since that product isn’t distributed by P&G the stores reserve the right to deny a manufacturer’s coupon on that product. I hope this helps.

No comments: