Sep 11, 2011

September 11, 2011~ A Time to Reflect

Today, my husband is working and my daughter and I are home.  
I have a heavy heart today, as we all do, because I remember.  
I remember feeling as though nothing in my life or the US would ever be the same.  
Like many of you, I cried....A LOT.  

In the days, months and years since, I still cry (I am now) when I think about what I saw on my television.  It still feels new and fresh and scary.

Bebellies' and I will not be watching any of the commemorative events happening today because I am selfish and want my 4 year old to NEVER have to know.  
I will tell her one day but I am not prepared on this, a most tragic anniversary.


  • Flight 77 crashed into Pentagon at 9:37am.
  • After burning for 56 minutes, the south tower of the World Trade Center collapsed at 9:59 a.m. The fall, which killed approximately 600 workers and first responders, lasted 10 seconds.
  • United Flight 93 crashed at 10:03 a.m. in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and potentially saved 100′s of lives.
  • At 10:28 a.m., after burning for 102 minutes, the north tower of New York’s World Trade Center collapsed, killing approximately 1,400 people.
  • Hours after the attacks that morning, the 47-story 7 World Trade Center building collapsed from ancillary damage. No one was in the building at the time.

No comments: